Why does your organization need it?
In recent years, more and more companies around the globe have gone through nightmare scenarios of cyber attacks and breaches. For those companies who held an Incident Response team to handle such breaches, they got through those incidents with slightly less damage from the technological, public relations and cost perspectives.
In today’s era when more and more technologies, people and companies are connecting through the internet, it is crucial to secure the most important assets from cyber attacks. Those attacks can be conducted from some novice-enthusiastic teenagers, through cyber crime organization, to the most sophisticated actors out there, like sponsored nation-state actors, and APT (Advanced Persistent Threat) groups. The problem is that organizations cannot be sure that their security measures and practices are going to prevent any kind of risk, and this is why there is a need for an “elite” group of defenders and cybersecurity professionals to handle any type of attack, from the basic attacks to the sophisticated ones, what so called an Incident Response team.
What Is Incident Response
Incident Response is a practical approach where a team of cybersecurity professionals conducts an investigation of a cyber attack, evaluating its risks and mitigating its effects to lower the impact on the attacked organization. In the end of the day, the Incident Response team needs to have vast experience in cybersecurity research and analysis fields including Digital Forensics, Malware Analysis, knowledge in OS Internals, know their tools and have the right mindset to approach such scenarios with a “cool” minded, methodical and most important, in a most efficient way. In short – Incident Response is the art of responding to cyber attacks professionally and efficiently followed by containment and eradication of the threat.
Incident Response Lifecycle
In general, there are six layers that an Incident Response team needs to tackle, hand-by-hand with the organization:
- Preparation – Prepare for battle and know your enemy. Know your network and infrastructure, most wanted assets, be prepared and know your tools.
- ID & Analysis – Detect and analyze strange activities through logs, SoC solutions and alerts that come from your employees.
- Containment – Contain and isolate the threat so the threat (e.g. malware, attacker) will not spread any further.
- Eradication – Eradicate the threat from infected computers, servers and any other assets.
- Recovery – Recover the damage, use backups and any other recovery methods.
- Aftermath – Learn from your mistakes and get your organizational network more secure and strengthen your employees’ awareness.
It is not a simple task to get through cyber incidents especially if the organization does not have a proper and professional Incident Response team with the right mindset, tools and experience to deal with such horror times.
We at TRIOX Security provide the most professional and dedicated Incident Response team to protect and remediate your organization from cyber attacks. we will do more than the best for you so you can continue business as usual.
Contact us for more details about our advanced professional services: